Historic Charm with Beaches Aplenty
Wilmington is a happening place. With beaches, rivers, history, water sports, music, the 4th Friday Art Walk downtown, indoor and outdoor theater, the Azalea Fest, River Fest, the largest movie studio on the East Coast, breweries, wine shops, and a mile-long list of dining options, the only trouble you’ll have here is fitting it all in.
FACTS AT A GLANCE
- Average Temperatures
- Winter: 58/37 Spring: 74/52
- Summer: 88/71 Fall: 76/55
- Population: 112,067
- Airport:Wilmington International Airport
- Average Property Tax:0.64%
- Sales Tax: 7%
Many locals are transplants who have come to Wilmington to step the pace back a notch. Recognizing the finer things of life – R&R and doing more of what you love – has pulled many outsiders in, and changed their lives for the better.
Whatever your speed, Wilmington has you covered. With restaurants that rival those in any city, music, theater, and night life galore, after a day of adventure on the water, relaxation or both, treating yourself and your entourage is easy here.
With the free tools that Ideal-Living offers, you can compare the best communities in Wilmington to find the one that best suites you. Our website offers an abundance of great information and fun articles on a regular basis. You have questions, we have answers. We can:
Put you in touch with representatives from the top luxury home communities
Keep you informed of the latest developments in the real estate market
Provide information on state tax strategies
Specific locale information such as climate, amenities, local restaurants, events
There are plenty of options for you, which is great, but it can also seem overwhelming. Buying a second home or a retirement home is a major decision, and we are here to help you with that decision. All of our resources are free, so sign up for any or all of our publications using the simple form above and we’ll send what you need directly to your doorstep.
The ideal-LIVING Relocation Package is perfect for those people just starting their search, or who have already chosen an area and are ready to narrow their choices.
Free Package includes:
• ideal-LIVING Relocation Guide: The ultimate guide to find your ideal Destination, Life and Home. This annual guide contains over 15 state maps, a location based cost of living and climate comparison chart and Discovery Travel Packages.
• ideal-LIVING Magazine:Our quarterly print magazine features the best places to retire and/or purchase your ideal second home. Ideal-LIVING takes you to domestic and international destinations from the coast to the mountains and everywhere in between.
• ideal-LIVING E-Newsletter: Receive our digital newsletter, two to three times a month, which highlights many different communities around the country as well as in Central America.
• Tickets to ideal-LIVING Live Events: The ideal-LIVING Resort & retirement Show has helped retirees and second-home seekers find their ideal community and home for over 25 years.