Discover the Top Vacation & Retirement Communities in VirginiaIdeal-Living offers a free comprehensive service that begins with helping you find your Ideal Lifestyle. Until you know how you want to live, you can’t know where you want to live. We offer a wide array of tools to help you get answers to the questions that are keeping you from moving to your ideal destination.
Find the best retirement communities in Virginia. This includes gated communities, coastal/beach communities, mountain communities, and, of course, golf communities. We can help you gain all this information as well as talk with representatives from the top retirement and resort communities in Virginia.
These communities are in some of the best locations within the beautiful state. Would you like to retire to Williamsburg or live along the beautiful waters of the Chesapeake Bay? Maybe you prefer the liveliness of Richmond or near the Washington D.C. area?
From its ocean coastline to its western mountains, Virginia offers a rare combination of beaches, gorgeous small town, urban centers and serene mountain living. It is also offers many tax benefits for retirees and seniors. The tax benefits of living in Virginia include:
- No inheritance or estate tax
- No tax on social security benefits
- Retirement income exempt up to $12,000 per person, per year
- Prescription & non-prescription drugs are exempt from state sales tax
Virginia offers unmatched historic destinations that rest at the core of the American legacy. Jamestown, Colonial Williamsburg and Yorktown are three of Virginia’s most popular destinations, but Virginia offers so much more. Come discover breathtaking mountains, pristine beaches, rich cultural experiences, charming small towns, award-winning wineries and world class accommodations.
The ideal-LIVING Relocation Package is perfect for those people just starting their search, or who have already chosen an area and are ready to narrow their choices.
Free Package includes:• ideal-LIVING Relocation Guide: The ultimate guide to find your ideal Destination, Life and Home. This annual guide contains over 15 state maps, a location based cost of living and climate comparison chart and Discovery Travel Packages.
• ideal-LIVING Magazine:Our quarterly print magazine features the best places to retire and/or purchase your ideal second home. Ideal-LIVING takes you to domestic and international destinations from the coast to the mountains and everywhere in between.
• ideal-LIVING E-Newsletter: Receive our digital newsletter, two to three times a month, which highlights many different communities around the country as well as in Central America.
• Tickets to ideal-LIVING Live Events: The ideal-LIVING Resort & retirement Show has helped retireees and second-home seekers find their ideal community and home for over 25 years.