Countdown to Cinco de Mayo : Mexican Margaritas
Everyone knows that margaritas are a great way to celebrate Cinco de Mayo, and here’s tasty and authentic recipe. You’ll need 2 ounces of tequila, an ounce of freshly squeezed lime juice, ¾ of an ounce of agave nectar (or you can replace this with half an ounce of simple syrup), and ¾ of an ounce of chilled water. You’ll shake these ingredients up with ice and then strain the liquid into a chilled glass filled with ice. You can garnish the cup with a wedge of lime. And don’t forget to coat the rim of the cup with salt before filling. To do so, simply moisten the rim and dip it into a dish of kosher salt.
How about this Mexican Margarita?
2 servings (but who’s counting???)
- 2 ounces (1/4 cup) tequila
- 1 ounce (2 tablespoons) freshly squeezed lime juice
- 3/4 ounce (1 tablespoon plus 1 1/2 teaspoons) agave nectar or 1/2 ounce (1 tablespoon) Simple Syrup
- 3/4 ounce (1 tablespoon plus 1 1/2 teaspoons) cold water
- 1 slice lime (sliced crosswise into a wheel)
- 3 tablespoons kosher salt, optional