Right now, from late August into September, is the best time to see a sunset. And there are plenty of places to go to witness spectacular views, including some of the best places to retire. Do you want to watch the sunset over a lake or an ocean? Or maybe you want to watch the shifting light on the cliffs of a canyon, or watch it disappear beyond a mountain. However you prefer to sit and watch the sun descend, throwing brilliant purples, blues, pinks, and golds across the sky, we can find a place for you.
- The Outer Banks, NC: You might find it strange to drive east for the western sunset, but the Outer Banks are perfectly situated for the day’s glorious end. Kitty Hawk, in particular, has a spectacular westerly view over the Albemarle Sound. Making your ideal destination in one of these communities means you’ll always have a spectacular view: Marshes Light, Albemarle Plantation, or Scotch Hall Preserve.
- Tucson, AZ: Just west of Tucson is the dramatic viewing area of Gates Pass. On your way to West Saguaro National Park, you will find it, sitting high above the desert floor and offering its visitors two amazing lookouts from which you can watch the sun set over indigenous cactus in a broad, expansive sky. The warm hues of this painted landscape are sure to be heightened by the beauty of the setting sun, creating a scene you won’t want to miss. And you won’t have to miss a setting sun if you find your ideal home in one of these Arizona communities: Encanterra Country Club and Nauvoo Station.
- Albuquerque, NM: In Albuquerque, you can ride an aerial tram up to the top of the Sandia Peak, which is 10,378 feet above sea level. There you can watch the sun set over the extinct volcanoes of the West Mesa, riding along the world’s longest aerial tram.
- Tybee Island, GA: A laid-back Georgia vacation spot, Tybee Island has a secret western looking beach that faces right up Tybee Creek. Solitary and beautiful, it’s even a good place to catch a sunset in the winter, although it offers year-round near-perfect sunsets for the beholder. For a beautiful sunset all the time, make one of these communities your home: WaterWays Township, Savannah Quarters, The Landings on Skidaway Island.
- Leland, MI: Located on the Leelanau Peninsula between Lake Michigan and Lake Leelanau, this charming village has one of the most spectacular sunsets. The rustic setting of this historic fishing village will attract any adventurous type, and you are sure to love the postcard-perfect view of the sunset over Lake Michigan.
So, the next time you’re craving a particularly fantastic sunset view, try one of these places. Whether the view is over the ocean, a lake, or down a creek, whether it’s up a mountain pass or from an aerial tram, you’ll be in for a jaw-dropping, awe-inspiring view. There’s nothing greater than experience the majesty and wonder of our world, especially as the day comes to a close. It refreshes and centers, so that when you lay down at night, you feel less exhausted and more ready to wake up the next morning and explore a new day.
Request More Information from:
Communities Near the Outer Banks:
Albemarle PlantationYour Information Request for
Marshes LightYour Information Request for Marshes Light
Scotch Hall PreserveYour Information Request for Scotch Hall Preserve
Communities Near Tucson:
Encanterra Country ClubYour Information Request for Encanterra Country Club
Nauvoo StationYour Information Request for Nauvoo Station
Communities Near Tybee Island: