MSN Real Estate recently presented the 10 biggest factors in home sales today according to the National Association of Realtors. When examined, it’s evident that the coastal town of Habersham, with its neo-traditional town plan, excels in all aspects of the NAR report.
The top 10 factors and Habersham’s relation to each are detailed below:
1. Access to transportation – Habersham is designed to be a pedestrian friendly neighborhood with all amenities and public spaces located within walking distance of the homes within the town. Habersham’s central Marketplace, also within walking distance, provides the shops, services and events of a traditional Main Street. Regionally positioned between the cities of Charleston, SC, and Savannah, GA, Interstate 95 is less than 30 miles from Habersham’s town center.
2. Good schools – Beaufort County offers several public, private and charter school options for education. The South Carolina Department of Education reports the total number of Beaufort County schools with Absolute ratings of Good or Excellent has increased from 8 to 14 in 2011. The number of schools rated Average, Good or Excellent has increased from 19 to 28. More information is available at www.beaufort.k12.sc.us.
3. Nearby amenities – Habersham’s neighborhood amenities include a network of public parks and green spaces, walking trails, fitness trail, 3-court tennis facility, Park House, playgrounds, neighborhood docks, riverfront pool complex with sunset tower and River Retreat Pavilion. The town plan also makes all neighborhood amenities, including the central Marketplace, accessible by a short walk. Habersham also neighbors Burton Wells Park, Northern Beaufort County’s most comprehensive sports complex includes outdoor playing fields, fitness center, youth and adult organized sports. Beaufort’s Cross Creek Plaza, which contains the area’s Wal-Mart, Best Buy, Belk and other retail destinations, is only three miles from Habersham.
4. Area architecture – The homes in Habersham are designed with classical detailing and proportion that define the timeless architecture and sense of southern elegance that can only be found in the Lowcountry. You find the area’s history and architectural traditions reflected in the new homes at Habersham that are constructed to be more efficient and require less maintenance. By weaving the specialties of architecture, land planning and engineering, Habersham has become a place of sustainable character and charm.
5. Reputation – The developers who have made Habersham what it is today, Bob Turner and Stephen Davis, have worked together since 1995 in a variety of roles for other development companies throughout South Carolina. Their combined experience, their conviction to create a special place that every resident will be proud to call home and their patience to deliver the vision have made Habersham a wonderful place to live. Habersham’s town plan was designed by the international planning firm, Duany Plater-Zyberk & Co. Celebrating its 25th year in 2005, Duany Plater-Zyberk & Company (DPZ) is a major leader in the practice and direction of urban planning, having designed over 300 new and existing communities in the United States and overseas.
6. Parks and outdoor spaces – Habersham’s town plan was intricately laid amidst the delicate natural landscape and areas of environmental sensitivity were designated as parks and greenways. Similar to the historic squares of Savannah, Habersham features an organic grid of parks, squares and green spaces throughout the entire 300 acre development.
7. Low crime rate – Statistics on Beaufort County’s crime rate and index can be researched at www.city-data.com.
8. Your neighbors – At Habersham knowing your neighbors develops naturally from the social events and active, outdoor lifestyle that comes from living in the warm climate along with the hospitable traditions of the South. Because of the town’s variety of home types there is also a corresponding variety of residents and age groups. The neighborhood social committee helps orientate new neighbors and encourage participation in a number of clubs and groups sharing like interests.
9. Local economy and stable home values – Beaufort, SC benefits from a vibrant tourism industry stemming from the rich history and cultural traditions of the region. Beaufort economy also benefits from the presence of several major U.S. military bases including Parris Island and the Marine Corps Air Station. Statistics on Beaufort’s local economy and home values can be researched at www.city-data.com.
10. Proximity to cultural experiences – Habersham’s geographic location allows for its residents to enjoy close proximity to two of the South’s most historic port cities of Charleston, SC and Savannah, GA. A wealth of cultural and historical experiences are within an hour’s drive of Habersham while many of the southeast’s major metropolitan areas, including Atlanta and Raleigh, are within five hours drive from the coastal town.