Taking a break from media doom and gloom, remember why you want a place in the south. Isn’t it time to re-ignite your passion and dream?
Based on our reader surveys, the “lifestyle” is most desired…
Active year-round outdoor activities, small-town flare with big city access, a sense of community, golf, boating, abundant walking trails and more.
Your feedback revealed the top 5 best places for retirement. Here are the top 5 with some communities for you to explore.
1. The North Carolina Coast: Consistently ranked in the top 5 US retirement destinations, It is home to Wilmington, New Bern, Cape Hatteras, The Albemarle Sound region and more. Check out these communities:
2. The Florida Coast: The Sunshine State has no state income tax and some of the best real estate deals in the U.S. To Explore Florida Opportunities on the web, click here.
3. The South Carolina Coast: “Run, Forrest Run!” Forrest Gump was filmed in the Coastal Town of Beaufort. When you think of that movie, think of the SC Low Country. And when you think of golf, remember Myrtle Beach, SC with more than 140 golf courses. Take a look at:
4. The Tennessee Mountains It’s easy to see why the Smoky Mountains made LiveSouth.com’s top picks. No state earned income tax, beautiful vistas and one of the most affordable retirement destinations. If you want to get on “Rocky Top”, have a look at these communities:
5. The North Carolina Mountains: Rounds out our top 5, the Blue Ridge Mountains have gained popularity over the past 5 years, primarily because Asheville, NC has become a national retirement destination. If you step outside of the mainstream, you’ll discover quaint mountain villages and a lot more. Each of the communities below is near Asheville.
Like what you see? Many of the listed regions will be on display at the 2009 Live South Fall Shows Presented By Ideal Living Magazine. Find a show near you and to request complimentary tickets, please click here: www.livesouthshows.com