A growing trend in retirement options for seniors are 55+ Communities. These havens for retirees and empty-nesters can now be found in all 50 states. Whether you are seeking a quiet residential neighborhood or a more social, active lifestyle, there is a perfect living arrangement available for you! Browse the information below to help find your next best place to call home.
Retirement Communities Designed with You in Mind
Unlike the average American neighborhood, Over 55 Communities are specifically constructed to best benefit today’s senior citizen. Your home’s accessibility and security are the number one priority. One-story homes laid out to help ease daily life are abundant and come in a variety of townhomes, apartment, condominiums, and single-family houses.
There are also many options to either rent or buy said homes. Maintaining the beautiful surrounding grounds falls under the responsibility of the community property, making your dream home upkeep effortless.
What Type of 55+ Community is for You?
- Choosing a place to live out your retirement years is a big decision. There are several types of 55+ Communities that can feel like the right fit for you. Take a look at the different types listed below to gain a better understanding of your options.
- Age-Restricted Retirement Communities have a hard cutoff date to those allowed to apply for residence. These communities are strictly over 55 and require that 80% of the community’s residents be of age, with at least one senior per household.
- Age-Targeted Retirement Communities are a bit more lax when it comes to the actual age of their residents. Some communities may have limitations on underage visitors.
- Active Adult Communities is an option that provides seniors with amenities including but not limited to cooking and art classes, day trips, and community service projects.
- Leisure Retirement Communities often draw in empty nesters and retirees seeking adventure and luxury. There is no age restriction to this type of resort-like neighborhood.
Wide Array of Retirement Community Amenities
With such a large breadth of residents, these communities will accommodate you at whatever speed you choose. Whether relaxing by the pool or learning a new dance interests you, a 55+ Community will cater to you.
You will find all the standard amenities of a resort-style neighborhood as well as the option to have on-site medical care. Assistance is available in varying degrees depending on your choice of community.
Take a look at some of the country’s best 55+ Community living options:
- 55+ Communities in Florida
- 55+ Communities in South Carolina
- 55+ Communities in North Carolina
- 55+ Communities in Delaware
- 55+ Communities in Arizona
- 55+ Communities in California
- 55+ Communities in Texas
- 55+ Communities in Tennessee
- 55+ Communities in Virginia
- 55+ Communities in Georgia